Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Upcycling pots

Over the years we've accumulated a fairly large collection of pots.  I love bright, fresh flowers and because I can’t narrow down my selections to just a few, we end up buying a bunch of random flowers.  We plant them in pots because the AZ soil isn't exactly the best for growing much.  The plants come in those cheap, ugly pots and we always re-pot them in bigger, pretty pots.  That leaves us with a lot of those cheap, ugly pots.  I never knew what to do with them and I’d end up recycling them or throwing them away.  Finally I have found a way to use them!

While we were at sprouts this weekend I found some beautiful mums that needed a home.  Lucky for them, I thought they’d look great in my outdoor pumpkin explosion/Halloween display. 
While looking through our pots, I found a faded large plastic pot that needed some sprucing up.  I spray painted on a couple coats of gold paint and let it dry for a good hour.  Then I painted “BOO” on it using some black Martha Stewart paint and sponges.  I got the stencils at Michaels, no idea what brand they are, but I love them. 

Here's what I started with



And ta da.....





The best thing was that I already had everything on hand, so my new BOO pot was free!


I’ll be posting pics later this week with the rest of my outdoor holiday decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment