Thursday, October 10, 2013

Amazing Pumpkin Bread


I'm so very excited that I made it through another AZ summer and fall is starting!  The nights are cooling down, our trees are dropping their leaves like it’s hot, and I’ve had the itch to throw on an apron and bake a whole bunch of pumpkin stuff.  Today I’m sharing my favorite fall recipe – pumpkin bread!  This bread is so simple to make and tastes wonderful.  The hardest part is waiting for the bread to cool before taking it out of the pans and gobbling it up.


I’m not sure where this recipe came from – I received it in a forwarded email with no info about the wonderful person who came up with this.  It’s my go-to pumpkin bread recipe and as with anything being baked with pumpkin, I most definitely recommend using fresh pumpkin instead of the canned if possible. 
You can also find the printable recipe for the pumpkin bread here.
Amazing Pumpkin Bread
1 c. butter or margarine, softened
3 c. sugar
3 eggs
3 c. flour
1 Tb. baking powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 ½ tsp cloves
1 ½ tsp nutmeg
16 oz. can pumpkin puree or 2 c. fresh

Mix all ingredients.  Pour into 2 greased loaf pans (make sure you spray the sides, or the bread will stick).  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until it tests done.  When done baking, lay pans on side for 10 minutes, run a butter knife around the edges of the pan to loosen up the bread, and let cool before removing from pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment