Thursday, March 22, 2012

You haven't seen WHAT?!?


Mr. C is shocked – SHOCKED – at how many movies I haven’t seen.  It’s this ongoing joke (not really a joke though!) that I’ve missed all the movies that a person shouldn’t miss out on.  I was talking to a friend recently who suggested that the list of movies I have seen would be shorter than the ones I hadn’t seen!  Making this even worse is the fact that my parents owned a movie rental store when I was younger so I’m not sure what happened.  I think my parent focused too much about getting outside and helping with yard work and all that taking pride in your work and responsibility stuff.  Well guess what, I hate yard work now, so it backfired!   Well that was a little off topic…..
Anyhow, I realized it might be time to do something about my sheltered movie life and I’m asking for your help.  I’d like each of my blog readers to host a movie night for me, complete with all the popcorn I can eat, and endless soda.  And a very comfy chair.  And a blanket.  And a dark viewing room with a large TV.  Ok, not really, although if you were up for that then please let me know and I’ll hurry on over!
Here’s where you really come in.  I’m asking for your help in filling in the blanks.  If there’s some movie that is simply amazing/timeless, please let me know!  One of my 101 in 101 things was to watch a movie for each letter of the alphabet.  I’m sure I’ve done that by now with new movies, but I’ve decided to make a list of “must see” movies and will spread them out over the next year or so.  

For the record, I have seen almost all Disney movies, and some older stuff like Happy Gilmore, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, The Breakfast Club, Tommy Boy, Sleepless in Seattle, Pretty Woman, Ghost, etc.  They can be comedies, dramas, romantic movies, but nothing scary!  I’m pretty up to date on any movies that came out within the past 10-15 years so it’s mostly the “classics/must-sees” that I’m missing.
Also, I’m not stuck on the movies listed so if you see one that is just plain horrible, please let me know!  I watched Blade Runner for a class once and it was HORRIBLE.  Worst. Movie. EVER.  I’d like to avoid that at all costs.
Please leave a comment with your suggestions at the bottom of the post or on “In the Centner of it All’s” Facebook page.   For those of you who are email subscribers, you may access the actual post at www.mrscentner.blogspot.com
Thanks so much for your help!!!

A – A Fish Called Wanda?
B - Brave heart?
C – Casablanca
D – Dumb and Dumber (Yes, I know it's HORRIBLE I haven't seen this...)
E
F – Fight Club
G – Gone with the Wind & Godfather
H
I – It’s a Wonderful Life
J - Jaws
K
L – Lord of the Rings
M – Mommy Dearest?
N
O
P
Q
R
S – Sixteen Candles & Star Wars
T – Trains, Planes, and Automobiles
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on seeing the movies. I like to wait till it comes out on DVD so I can watch the movie at home and then by the time it comes out I forget what it was called. For the letter N you could put Northern Lights, it's a TV movie made out of a Nora Roberts book. I can bring it this weekend if you want to watch it!

    ReplyDelete