Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wrapping It Up


By now you should know a few things about me, including:
-          I love Christmas
-          I love making things pretty
-          I love organizing

Based on those first two things alone it should be no surprise that I have A LOT of wrapping paper, bows, and tags.  I REALLY, REALLY also enjoy wrapping gifts.   These things are what led to this mess of items:



Around Christmas I realized that my current setup of wrapping stuff just wasn’t working so I moved it to our extra bedroom and just created a mess that I figured I’d deal with later.  I ended up falling in love with a gift wrap cart from the Container Store, however it was almost $200!  Even on sale it was way out of my budget, especially for a gift wrapping cart! 



I was determined to organize my gift wrapping goodies though so I decided to make my own cart.  I headed to Target and picked myself up a 5 drawer storage cart for less than $20.  And guess what?  It comes with castors so once I added those it was officially considered a cart, just like that $200 one (just go with this…)!

I sorted through my bows and ended up trashing a bunch that were either super smushed or had been used far too many times.  I took the gift tags out of their bulky package and put them in sandwich size ziplock bags.  I no longer have to deal with the plastic containers that were designed just to make it difficult to access the tags while also expelling a ridiculous amont of glitter on my hands.  Woohoo for small victories!  I love that everything is together.  Before I had too many boxes and they were piles on the top shelf of the hall closet in such a way that when I’d take one down they would all fall on me.  Or they’d all fall on Mr. C since I could usually convince him to get the stuff down for me :)  I also love that the bows are now in a see-through container as opposed to the huge paper box I had before.





As you can tell I’m persevering with my house organization overhaul.  I guess I caught the spring cleaning bug!  Have you organized a problem spot of your house?  Thank you so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment