Monday, January 23, 2012

Sometimes You Just Need a Little Reminder


How are you feeling about those New Year’s (or otherwise) resolutions?  I’ve heard a lot of people say they didn’t make any this year because they never follow through. That’s a bit “glass half empty” for me, and although I’m not 20 lbs. lighter, richer, and haven’t finished any scrapbooks (or started for that matter), I’m really putting forth a lot of effort with my resolutions and I’m pretty darn happy with my progress.

With so many things going on it’s hard to remember what exactly my resolutions are.  I had to come back to my blog to check up on them the other day.  I figured that was really bad and needed to be fixed.  I think it’s too easy for things to be pushed to the back burner when everyday life is in session.  It’s too easy to not take the walk I scheduled in my planner, push my daily devotion back a day or two, or three, lose my motivation to organize a space that’s been bugging me, or not take time to sit, play a game and enjoy each other’s company.  Because these are general, lifestyle goals/resolutions, it’s even easier for me to push them aside.  It’s not pressing like the laundry or the yard or dinner.  It’s something that can be ignored until I have time to pay attention.  Because of this, I decided that my resolutions needed to be placed somewhere as a constant reminder of my goals and resolutions. 

I typed up my resolutions and gave each one its own unique, pretty font.  I originally had a little tagline under each one but I thought that was too cluttered.  I decided simplicity was key because I wanted the list to act as a reminder, something I could glance at or scan quickly while I was getting ready in the mornings, before I headed to bed, etc.  I picked up a bright turquoise frame from Target for $5, printed my list on cardstock, and stuck it in the frame.  The picture quality isn’t the best but I’m sure you get the idea.  



I LOVE it!  Mr. C was nice enough to move a pair of his shoes in the closet to clear a space for my new resolutions reminder. (although I feel a bit bad about this since I definitely have the larger collection and should probably move my own shoes…but I’m not complaining).

Since making pretty frame, I set more “healthy” goals for the week, made something crafty, and organized one of my spaces that has been driving me nuts!  You’ll have to wait until the next post for that though :)

So all in all, I’d say I’m fairly happy with my progress although I hope to make more progress in the next month.  I haven’t jumped ship yet (unlike that unlucky Italian captain of the cruise ship).  How are your resolutions going?  I hope you haven’t written any off yet!  Perhaps you need your own reminder?

2 comments:

  1. Great idea. LOVE the color and very artistic. Mine for the month is
    simply written on my dry erase board in the kitchen. I only have one
    thing left for the month, but we are in the last week for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I printed out my seven resolutions (to remember them) and then added a note to my phone to remind me. However, I think I might do this and place it in my home to remind me every morning :)

    ReplyDelete