Thursday, December 29, 2011

Friendship

It’s amazing how a friend can do so much for your soul.  Sometimes you don’t talk about anything important.  Sometimes you don’t do anything exciting.  Sometimes it’s just a phone call or an email or a card.  Sometimes it’s a lunch or a dinner or an amazing text when you need it the most.   Sometimes it’s just a few moments that remind you of how blessed and appreciated you are. I’ve learned that the most amazing friends can light up my life like nothing else.

A great friend can help you forget your troubles for awhile, make you laugh, share your happiness, calm your nerves, instill confidence you didn’t know was there, and just remind you that someone cares and is thinking about you.  They may not have all the right words, but they try.  They may not understand your decisions but they support them.  They make you laugh, sometimes until you cry, and they bring out the silly side of you that you’d never show anyone else.

I’ve been thinking about all the amazing women I’ve spent time with lately that have truly lit up my holiday season in only the way a friend can.  Whether they are near or far, old friends or new, I hold them in my heart, thank God for sending them to me and pray that I can be to them what they have been to me.

"A friend will strengthen you with her prayers, bless you with her love, and encourage you with her hope." - unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment