Sunday, July 17, 2011

One Year Bloggiversarry!!!


I’ve been terrible at remembering special occasions this year.  I’ve forgotten a few birthdays, anniversaries, and sent out some late cards.  I even forgot my own blogiversarry!  A little over one year ago on July 12th I officially became a blogger, first writing about my terrible encounter with spray tanning.  The experience was worth it in the end because it gave me the push I needed to start blogging.  I began a blog after some minimal setup frustration and a lot of work on the name.  I wasn’t sure what I’d write about but apparently I figured it out since I’ve now published 61 posts.

I’ve always loved writing and it’s been a great way to help me sort out the busyness of my brain at times.  Journaling was a passion and I’m glad to have so many wonderful memories written out, although at times it seemed that I’d write forever.  Blogging was a whole ‘nother level though.  I assumed my mother was biased didn’t think anyone would care about my daily life happenings so I was on the fence about blogging.  I didn’t want to do it because everyone was doing it, and I didn’t want to be posting if no one would be reading.  I’d rather talk to a wall in that case.

I usually write a post and read it the next day before posting.  It’s easier to catch errors and I’m not always happy with the first draft.  Somedays I can get the general idea out but it’s not ‘til the next that I can make the writing flow (or attempt to).  There have been a few posts that make me laugh out loud the second time I’ve read them and every now and then I’m impressed with myself!

I’m shocked to hear how many people actually read this, and it means so much to me that they do.  My aunts, grandmother, and many friends are regulars (although I think my mother is still my biggest fan). I thought the reading might decline in time but my stats are up and my readers are still loyal.  I love hearing that someone new (or someone I didn’t know about) is reading and it still amazes me that my words are being read, as random as they may be. 

I hope over the year I’ve made you smile, laugh, appreciate the people in your own life, and kept you generally entertained. I plan to exceed 60 posts this year (the amount posted within the past year) and I have some plans for revamping the blog a bit.  I’m still working on the becoming famous part and living off my blog while making millions (not holding my breath), but for now I’m perfectly content with my loyal readers and my very random posts.  Thank you so much for being a part of my life, it means more than I could ever write :)

No comments:

Post a Comment