Monday, April 11, 2011

Sedona in the Spring and #58


It’s so sad that as I’m writing about our last Sedona getaway I’m thinking that we need another!  Life has been so packed full of things lately that I haven’t had much time for relaxing or even packing for that matter!   Our weekend was wonderful though and I’m so glad we somehow fit it into our packed schedules!

I’m very stingy with my vacation time.  Usually I save it all up for something important, like visiting family in the summer or Christmas.  I have so many people that I miss seeing during the year that I figure if I’m going to go to the work to fly back and spend time with family and friends, I better have lots of time to do it!  I think I can count on one hand the number of days I’ve taken off when I wasn’t going home or to California for an actual vacation.  Mr. C and I picked a weekend to go to Sedona (this time when there would not be snow).  I was so excited and even had it written in my calendar – in permanent marker!  Then I realized that I hadn’t booked the room which was pretty important because I’m not the camping type.  Mr. C called to book and found out we had waited too long because Saturday night wasn’t available anymore.  Eventually we decided to go Friday instead which meant that I’d have to take Friday off (gasp!).  Although I felt guilty since I didn’t really NEED the time, I did it anyhow and I’m so glad I did!

We had a plan this time around and it worked out perfectly!  We drove to Sedona in the morning and arrived around 1, just in time for a picnic!  We had stopped at AJ’s on the way up and picked up a few delicious things which tasted even better than they looked.  We drove up 89A which is a scenic drive along Oak Creek with tons of trees and red rocks in the background.  We got lucky and even found a table for our picnic.  This was very fortunate because I forgot to bring a blanket in my Sedona/picnic excitement.  The food was delicious and we got to enjoy the sounds of the creek as we ate.  Mr. C’s favorite was the mini fruit tarts which he scarfed down pretty quick.






After lunch we continued driving down the windy 89A and found a great spot to stop.  We walked awhile and came to this beautiful spot on the creek.  The water was crystal clear and all we could hear was the sound of the creek. 



Mr. C got a little crazy with the camera and took about a million pictures.  I got a few in :)



We headed to our B & B and checked in so we could wander around for awhile before dinner.   We stayed at the same one as last time and it was just as nice as I remembered.  We sat outside for awhile and had planned to watch the sunset but the clouds apparently didn’t agree with our plans.  We were able to spot some ducks though and enjoyed the creek.  Here’s the beautiful view we saw from our patio. Unfortunately I couldn’t capture the sound of the creek to put online! 




We had another delicious home cooked breakfast the next morning and after checking out we spent some time at the art galleries picking out the art we’d buy when (not if, WHEN) we win the lottery someday.  We finished our trip uptown at the ice cream shop where we were mistaken for locals.   We were both pretty excited we didn’t look like the fanny-pack toting tourists! 


Now I’m just dreaming of going back…  Fall would be beautiful but we’ll see what’s in store for us in the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment