Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm 25 but it's ok. I'm dealing. Part 2


On Friday we woke up early, ate breakfast, and arrived at Disneyland just as the doors were opening.  The walk was quite uneventful and I somehow managed to avoid hitting my hand on any pillars so we were already off to a great start!  (Mr. C made a point to dramatically throw himself in front of me as we were walking by the evil pillar that had attacked me the day before.  I thought about hitting him at this point but figured it would hurt my hand.)  I had remembered to bring my Minnie ears and wore them proudly on our walk to the park.  I actually wore them on the way TO the park so I received a lot of strange looks as we were crossing the street in front of our hotel.  I think Mr. C may have been embarrassed but he went along with it.  I may be 25 but I still act like a little kid in Disneyland.  I honestly believe it is the happiest place on earth and I intended to show my enthusiasm!  
When we walked in there was a HUGE Mickey pumpkin which we immediately ran to (or maybe it was just me running?) to have our pictures taken.  The picture taker asked if we were celebrating something and when we said yes (hadn’t specified what), he proceeded to call us the bride and groom.  We didn’t want to disappoint him so we went along with it.  I guess we looked like newlyweds?

After our photo op, we ran over to our favorite ride, Space Mountain.  It had been converted to “Ghost Galaxy” for the Halloween theme.  A sign stated that the ride may be scary for young children.  Based on my ability to be terrified easier than a five year old, I was a little worried that the ride might not be suitable for me.  Luckily it wasn’t too bad and I had Mr. C to keep me safe.  I did scream a little more than normal but so did the girl behind us so it was okay!  We rode “Ghost Galaxy” twice right away which was pretty smart because those two times ended up being our only chance to ride  due to the insanely long wait (85 minutes) and the high demand of fast passes.  Even though we only made it a couple times, it was definitely worth the wait from the day before! 
Over the years we’ve become pretty awesome Disneylanders.  We’re become experts at planning things and now that we’re actually aware of how the fast passes work we take advantage of them.  While we’re on the topic, let me tell you a little bit about fast passes.  We used to watch people with fast passes and think that they were wasting their money because they weren’t willing to wait in line.  I’m pretty sure we even laughed at them.  It was especially funny when the lines were short and people STILL used their fast passes.  What morons.  One day we found out that fast passes were free.  Oops.  I guess we were the moronic ones!  Now that we understand the process we’ve incorporated the fast passes into our awesome plans.  I am the planner, deciding where we should run to next and where we’ll go for our next fast pass.  After reading my posts you might be frightened to learn that I would be put in charge of anything but I assure you that I can be a responsible person!  I might be making us run all around the park but it’s effective and we always make it to the rides we want.  Lucky for me, Mr. C is the navigator since I’m directionally challenged, even in Disneyland.  We ran around that morning from one end of the park to the other, taking full use of short lines and riding as much as we could.
We’re like children in that we start to get cranky at a certain point of the day.   It usually hits around early afternoon and we end up going back to the hotel for a nap.  Around 12:30 I was tired, cranky, and hungry so we went to Downtown Disney for some pizza.  After lunch we walked around the shops for awhile and I finally convinced Mr. C to buy a hat!  Super cute huh?  He got A LOT of compliments (and stares!).  We finally made it back to the hotel but only had about 30 minutes for nap since we had to be back soon to use a fast pass (see – awesome planning!). 



We spent the rest of the afternoon jumping on and off of rides and having a blast.  We left for a quick dinner where a wonderful woman gave up her table for us.  She was done but still…she cleaned up and everything.  Who does that?  I’ll tell you who does that – people in Disneyland!  Why you ask?  Because it is the happiest place on earth!  I fantasize that it’s amazing to work at Disneyland.  What could you possibly get yelled at for there?  For being too amazing?  In all honesty I’m sure it’s not all fun and games but I like to pretend it is.
On our way back into the park we stopped at one of the shops.  The woman at the counter asked if we were celebrating anything and when I told her it was my birthday (well the day after but she didn’t really need to know that!).   She gave me an button that said my name and that I was celebrating my birthday.  Let me tell you, this button was AMAZING, maybe even magical.  People EVERYWHERE wished me happy birthday.  Literally – everywhere.  I went to the restroom and on my way into a stall someone yelled happy birthday.  It was awesome!  Mr. C even got one saying that he was celebrating too so we got lots of “happy b-days” yelled at us.  It made the happiest place on Earth even happier.  I didn’t even know that was possible.
Around the end of the day we made it to the teacups which are my all-time favorite ride.  I know they aren’t thrilling or scary but I love them!  I love the Chinese lamps hanging above them, the colors of the cups, and the fact that I get to spin around in them.  Because I love them so much, Mr. C usually takes A TON of pictures when we get on them because apparently it’s where I look the happiest.


We ended up leaving around 11:30 which is a little earlier than normal.  Usually we’re in the park until around 1 but apparently we’re getting old.  Is this what 25 does to you?!?  Maybe it was just the lack of sleep….  I had some very comfy shoes but even with those I thought my feet were going to fall off.  Mr. C refused to carry me (imagine that!) back to the hotel so I somehow forced myself to walk.  I asked if I could just lie on the hotel couch and have someone use the luggage cart to deliver me to the room but he looked at me like I was nuts.  I assumed that was a no.
Since I seem to love lists and randomly insert them into my posts, I’m wrapping up with a list of what you should have learned from this last post:
1.      If you’re ever planning a trip to Disneyland and need a crash course in becoming an awesome Disneyland planner, then we’re your couple! 
2.      Fast passes are FREE!  For anyone who did not know this – you are welcome!
3.      The “Celebrate” buttons are magical and you should go to all lengths (minus stealing one from a kid) to get your hands on one.
4.      Having a fun hat makes for a fun day.  See above picture if you don’t believe me.
5.      Naps are essential!
6.      Disneyland ROCKS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment