Saturday, September 25, 2010

2 Grad Students


This is part of our conversation last night.  To give you a back-story, I was freaking out about something and then trying to figure out if I was overreacting, with the help of Mr. C of course because he’s just lucky like that.

Me:  Do you think I'm weird?  Do you think I'm dumb?  Do you think I'm lame?  (All said super fast, so fast that it slurred together – and no, not slurred because I was drinking)

Mr. C : Wow, one question at a time.

Me: Am I weird?  

Mr. C: Yes, but you're always weird.  I knew that when I married you.

Me: Hmmm.....ok yeah. (I figured there was more ammo to be used to prove this theory than to argue against it so I figured this must be true)

Me: Am I dumb?

Silence….. (I later found out that the silence was due to Mr. C being in the middle of a drink.  That's what he says anyhow....)

Mr. C : (Sigh) No.

Me: Am I lame?

Mr. C: No.

Me: K, thanks for clearing that up.  I’m okay now.

These are the types of discussions that occur between two grad students.  I thought grad students sat around and talked about the theory of relativity or politics or global warming.....  I wonder if I should be concerned about us?

No comments:

Post a Comment