Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blue Man Group, #55

It’s been awhile but yes, I am still alive! This weekend I felt like I was run over by the cold and sinus truck. I’ve been battling a sinus infection for the past few days and am finally back to normal! Luckily I had Mr. C to take care of me and pick me up my fav restaurant soups (that’s the only way I get soup around here when the cook – i.e. me- is under the weather).


Before I got sick we spent our Saturday celebrating Mr. C’s early birthday. He’s always wanted to see the Blue Man Group so for his b-day we got him two tickets. Lucky for me he took me along with him! His b-day isn’t for another week but I actually gave him the tickets awhile ago. Since opening tickets doesn’t involve much, I found this “blue man” pencil holder at target and decided to wrap that up for a clue. I made a big deal about it and when he opened it he thought that the pencil holder was his big gift. He tried to act like he thought it was amazing while concealing his confusion at the same time. After asking him about a million times to describe what he was holding, he finally got that it was a “blue person”. Still didn’t click. Didn’t work out quite as planned, he finally got it, found the tickets buried in the gift bag and then I spotted the genuine look of excitement I had been waiting for.






This weekend we headed to Tempe for a quick lunch before the show. It’s odd driving around ASU because so many things have changed since I was there and I’m reminded that it wasn’t just yesterday when I was working in the computer commons until 3am, having lunch in the M.U., and sleeping…er, I mean studying…in the library. It’s hard to believe it’s been four years. Geesh, I’m getting old. See how I just got off topic there? I did that the WHOLE time we were in Tempe. I wonder how I don’t drive Mr. C totally nuts sometimes. Getting back on track now though….. We went to Five Guys burgers for the first time ever. We must have not looked as confused as I thought because no one asked us if it was our first time (we get asked that a lot…to places we’ve been to frequently…so I assume that either everyone is super helpful or we always look confused). That meant that we assumed we knew what we were doing and both ordered cheeseburgers - not little cheeseburgers - and a large fry instead of a small to split. The cheeseburgers came with two patties which is more red meat than I typically eat in a month, and the fries were HUGE. I think we threw half of them away. Next time we try somewhere new I might ask for some clarification instead of just ordering. Other than that, the food was great and they give you FREE peanuts! I’m a big fan of free.


After lunch we headed to the theatre. I’m not sure what my expectations were, but they were most definitely exceeded. The show was amazing. If you haven’t been to see the amazing Blue Men, I very much recommend it. I’ve heard the Vegas show is a bit messier and crazier, but I couldn’t imagine anything better than what we saw. The best part for both of us was the “dance party” that occurred in the end, complete with lights, music, and huge inflatable balls that changed colors being passed through the crowds. It was so much fun! Mr. C loved it as well which was pretty important since it was his b-day gift! And, I finally get to check something else off my 101 list! It’s been awhile since that list has seen any action!


By popular demand, I’ll be posting a recipe for you tomorrow. Two posts in a row! I’ll be on a roll then ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment