Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm going crazy! In a good way!

Hello, my name is Mrs. Centner and I'm a pinterest addict.  Actually, I've become a pinterest/recipe blog/organizational blog/interenet-in-general addict.

I don’t even have time to blog myself because I’m too busy discovering all these other amazing blogs!  Perhaps I shouldn’t tell you this because you’ll start doing the same and then I’ll just be writing to myself online!  Ok, so before you read this post keep in mind that you like…no, LOVE my blog (I’m just assuming here….) and I REALLY appreciate you being a loyal reader so don’t forget about me once you start checking out the other blog fishies in the sea.  Okay?  Nothing like guilt, right? 

At times I get a bit overwhelmed by all the amazingness that’s online - the blogs, the FREE recipes, the craft ideas, the millions of funny YouTube videos.  It’s just crazy.  I’ll find a site and think, “how did I ever live without this?  It’s a goldmine!”  Then I’ll find a couple more of these and that’s when the overwhelming feeling hits.  I feel like I’m missing out on so much good stuff online.  Think of all the sites I don’t know about!  Think about all the recipes (FREE ones!) I’ve never tried!   Think of all the blogs that are amazing but I’m not reading yet!  Crazyness I tell you!!! 

A few months ago I signed up for pinterest.  What is pinterest you ask?  Well, half of you ask, and the other half are probably thinking “oh yeah, I totally knew about that like forever ago”.  If you’re in that last half category then WHY THE HECK didn’t you tell me about this awesome site?  Anyhow, back to pinterest.  Basically you have different “boards” (think of a bulletin board) and you “pin” what you like on there.  You can follow people and see what they pin, or you can just look at everything which I’m assuming is the most popular or most recent or has some criteria like that because it’s not every single pin ever pinned.

I finally created my account last week although I got the confirmation email months ago.  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  This site is crazy.  It’s addicting.  It’s showing me all of this awesome stuff in internetland that I didn’t know existed.  And, it’s making me feel overwhelmed!  I currently have about 30 wreaths to make.  I’m a bit worried about where I’m going to PUT all these wreaths.  I don’t know about you but I don’t have 30 doors.  I don’t know if I even know 30 people to give these to!  So, if you haven’t already, you need to stop whatever you are doing and go to pinterest and SIGN UP RIGHT NOW!  You’ll actually have to request an invite and THEN you can start pinning like crazy.  Before you go, I would like to apologize in advance for all the productive time you’ll most likely lose after you start pinning because you may not be able to pull yourself away from your computer.  BUT, it’s helping me to use my time to wisely make crafts, organize, bake, try out new dishes on Mr. C, and find some awesome Christmas gifts for myself.  Oops, I mean other people.  Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment