Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Three Blissful Years

This post was written for yesterday but in all the anniversary festivities I neglected to do anything productive so I’m posting today!

Well, not every moment of the past three years has been filled with marital bliss but I’d say the majority has been and the good most definitely outweighs the bad!  Three years ago today I made one of the best decisions of my life.  Well, I guess I continued one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.  Three years ago Mr. C and I stood in front of our family and friends and vowed to put up with each other forever.  I mean uh…to um….no wait, that’s actually exactly what I mean!  We have our “off days” and moments we might not like each other but at the end of the day there’s no one I’d rather be with.






I knew a month after we started dating that I would marry Mr. C.  Of course I had to convince him that he wanted to marry me too.…just joking, he was convinced pretty early on too.  I just couldn’t imagine anything that would make me change my feelings about him.  I must have been pretty smart then because nothing has made me doubt that decision.  We knew we wanted to wait until we graduated from college so we did just that, and didn’t wait too long after.  Some days I can’t remember my life without him and other times I can’t believe it’s been three years of marriage already.





I think of how many things we’ve been through in our eight years together …moving, graduating, each being jobless for awhile after graduation (which makes me wonder why everyone is so excited to graduate – that’s when the scary stuff starts!), changing jobs, deaths and illnesses, surgery, and so many more things.  The first year of marriage presented challenges I wasn’t really ready for or expecting but we figured things out and I had some great free therapists, a.k.a. family and friends.  We needed to figure out our routine and use our strengths wisely.  I hadn’t learned that Mr. C was not the person to be handling the money, and he hadn’t learned just how nutty I could be.  We were fairly young, 21 and 23, and adjusting to really being in the real world and the issues that presented was stressful!  That seems like such a long time ago now that I think of it!





I love holidays and important days (which I turn into holidays!) and I believe that our anniversary is a very important day. It reminds us of our commitment and to make time for one another.

Every anniversary (all 3 of them now!) we watch our wedding video as long as possible before we have to stop it because we just LOOK SO YOUNG AND DUMB and can’t handle watching ourselves!  Then we watch our photo montage instead which is just way better because we don’t move or talk!  I love remembering our wedding day though.  There are pieces I’m not thrilled with like the caterer or the photographer or not spending as much one-on-one time with everyone as I would have liked, but it was an amazing day I will never forget.  It was a fairytale wedding to go with my fairytale prince.






While our anniversary is a day to celebrate our commitment to each other, it’s also a day we celebrate the support we’ve had along the way, so thank you to everyone who’s been there for us!

This year we spent our weekend in beautiful Sedona at a wonderful Bed and Breakfast, our first B&B ever actually.  Since there’s no snow in Phoenix, I didn’t really consider that Sedona would be cold or have snow!   We were in quite for a shock when we heard about a winter weather advisory and hit snow on the road!  It was beautiful though and ended up being a nice surprise.  The weekend was wonderful but I’m keeping the details to myself this time!  Here are a couple of our favorite pictures from the weekend though.  Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment