Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy B-day Mr. C

November of Mr. C and my first year together was a busy time.  It’s when we started hanging out more, when we celebrated Mr. C’s b-day together for the first time, and then a few days later when we officially started dating.  Years later, November was the month he asked me to marry him and I excitedly agreed.  November has become one of my favorite months because of all the special memories it holds.

Apparently I’ve set a precedent for blogging about family/friends on their b-days so in honor of Mr. C’s b-day today I am going to do just that.

Mr. C is a pretty funny guy (in the laugh with him, not at him sense).  He makes me laugh on a pretty regular basis.  Amongst all this laughing you’d think that I have one or two amazing stories I just have to share with you but I’m blanking out today.  To be fair, I just got back from a weekend out of town, the house is a disaster zone, and I’m super behind on my homework and over stressed.  Therefore, I’m giving myself a pass on thinking.  So, since you don’t get a story I’ll tell you about some of my favorite qualities.  That’s about the deepest thought process I’m capable of doing today.

There is quite a lot of laughing at our house as I mentioned earlier.  For Halloween we saw this very weird Snickers commercial.  Basically these two kids were standing on top of each other and dressed as this freaky woman who was throwing Snickers bars into this lady’s cart.  The plan was to make sure the lady bought good candy for trick-or-treaters.   Anyhow, the point is that it was hilarious, mostly because it’s so weird.  Luckily we have TIVO and I was able to rewind.  We watched the commercial at least four times and were both crying by the end.  I think I was actually laying half on the couch, half on the floor.  It was simply hilarious.   You might be thinking I sound crazy, but if that’s true then Mr. C and I are crazy together.   I love that he just gets it.  He gets my craziness, my weirdness, and my unusual thought process.  Anyone who puts up with all that should get a medal or something.  Unfortunately I didn’t plan for this and have no medal to give out.  Maybe next year.

In general, Mr. C’s a pretty simple guy.  I asked him to pick anywhere in the city to eat for his b-day and he picked the spaghetti factory.  Don’t get me wrong, I love the spaghetti factory, but it’s a b-day dinner which means the place has to be awesome!  It’s probably good we’re together because I tend to go overboard sometimes and he does a great job at balancing me out.  He loves his electronics, watches, and our house but I’m pretty sure he’d be fine living in a big cardboard box with the puppy and I.  

He’ll be the first to admit that he can be a bit of a nerd.  If you have any doubts, remember that the guy carved the pi symbol into his pumpkin.  I love the nerdyness though and I’ll admit it’s rubbed off on me a little bit.  While you won’t catch me carving math symbols into pumpkins I do have a nerdy side to me as well.  I’m now watching Eureka! with him and also have dreams about the ipad.  Style wise he has come a long ways since when I met him so at least he’s a stylish nerd!

He’s always pushed me to pursue my dreams.  I guess I’m lucky in that sense because I’ve had a lot of people in my life that have been supportive when I’ve needed someone.  He’s thoughtful, hard working, and gives most things his all.  I say most things because there are a few thing around the house that we both hate doing and just choose to ignore.  He’s a great dad to our puppy and she LOVES when he chases her around our coffee table in a game of tag.  All-in-all, he does a pretty great job of keeping Coconut and I happy and we’re very grateful for everything he doe.

So, happy birthday to you Mr. C.  I celebrate the day you were born because I can’t imagine a world without you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment