Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Fall Damnit!

Fall has always been my favorite season.  Unfortunately for me, the weather of Arizona seems to be unaware of the season of fall.  Growing up in Nebraska, I loved the change when the days become cool and the nights could only be described as crisp.  The trees would change to beautiful, rich colors and even the sky was transformed to something more beautiful at night.  I enjoyed curling up at night with a blanket and my delicious, hot apple cider that’s only available during the fall season.  I better be careful, it sounds like I’m writing a poem here.  Let me now tell you about the season of Fall in Arizona.  After temperatures over 100 last week, I can report that today the high was only 97 degrees.  Did you catch that  key word - ONLY!  I don’t know about you but 97 degrees screams crazy summer heat to me rather than cool fall temps.  After waiting and waiting for something to change to make it feel like fall, I decided last week that it was going to be fall.  I put up my fall decorations, changed out the summer Scentsy and candles to cinnamony smells, and began dressing like it was fall.   The first two items on my checklist went alright but the last one didn’t really work the way I had envisioned.  I wore a tank top with a cardigan sweater to work one morning.  I thought I was going to die of heat exhaustion on the way to the car.  Apparently my “it’s going to be fall whether it likes it or not” decision didn’t really change anything and only resulted in me looking like a fool who was in denial about the crazy hot temperatures. 
I was feeling a little down that I was the only one celebrating fall and then on my way to work I saw this beautiful tree whose leaves were changing.  All of the trees around it were green and then there was this single tree with orangeish leaves.  Apparently this tree understood my frustration and it too, decided that it’s time for fall.  This was the best picture I could take without getting run over or walking a distance.  Enjoy!  Hopefully the other trees and weather will get with it soon!  In the meantime, my tree friend and I will just keep on pretending.

1 comment:

  1. You go right ahead and enjoy your autumn anyway you can. Sit in the air conditioner with your sweater on with your fall decorations to look at! I have my favorite fall tree also.

    ReplyDelete