Friday, February 6, 2015

What are you listening to?

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a bit obsessed with my music.  I like to think I’m pretty versatile but alternative is by far my favorite and my radio is tuned to alt nation about 99% of the time.  

When I was in high school I was broke (and in debt to my dad for borrowing money) all the time due to spending almost all my money on CD's.  My BFF and I bolted out of school to get to Target to buy the "NOW" CD's the Tuesdays they were released. 

I was frequently in charge of music when I was the passenger and I happened to be a bit bossy about my requests when I was the driver also.  I considered myself an amazing mixed CD maker.  One minute Ja Rule would be on and the next song was a Christian song, followed by something country and then maybe some Michelle Branch to round it out.  Unfortunately I wasn't blessed with any musical talents other than my mix making, but my love of music is something that's never gone away. 

I remember frequently waking up Saturday mornings and deciding to get out of bed so I could listen to my new CDs.  That feeling isn't something that's common for me anymore, but the other day I downloaded some songs I loved and got up a bit earlier the next day so I'd have time to enjoy more of them as I got ready for work.  Anything that makes me get up earlier than needed on a weekday is a pretty big deal. 

I'm long overdue for a "things I love" post, so this one is devoted all to the music that's been dominating my stereo.  Also, if you haven't gotten on the Spotify bandwagon, I highly recommend it.  You can listen to entire albums for free.  While it hasn't eliminated my itunes shopping sprees, it's cut them back a bit.




The albums I can’t get enough of:

  • Invisible Friends by Lily Wood and the Prick
    • Favorites: Prayer in C, Hey It's Ok, Water Ran, L.E.S. Artistes, This is a love song.  The first few lines of (No No) Kids, make me laugh everytime.
  • Reflections by Misterwives - Reflections is an amazing song, but I think all the rest are pretty great too.
  • Montevallo by Sam Hunt - here's that country I was talking about
    • Favorites: Ex to See, Break Up in a Small Town, Take your Time.
  • Modest Mouse has a new album coming out soon which I'm SOOO excited about, but for now, I'm loving the song Lampshades on Fire.  It's oh-so-weird, and I wouldn’t expect anything different from them.
  • Mr. C would like to also add that the Fall Out Boy album is amazing.  I knew he wanted to buy it so I downloaded it one day so he could listen to it on his way home from work. Sometimes I do sweet things.


The songs I’m playing over and over:
  • Carousel by Melanie Martinez
  • Bad Friend by Bear Hands
  • It's a Longer Road to California Than I Thought by The Wind and the Wave
  • #icanteven by The Neighborhood - I love anything by them, and I could listen to this song all day
  • Honey, I'm Good by Andy Grammer - I'm glad to see there's finally a song against cheating (I do realize the song listed right before this one addresses cheating)
  • All Over by CRUISR
  • A Rush of Blood by Coasts
  • Peaches by In the Valley Below
  • Habits of my Heart – Jaymes Young



My list ended up a bit longer than expected.  Let me know what you think if you check these out!  What songs are you currently loving?

No comments:

Post a Comment