Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Valentine DIY: Date Jar

So many of my favorite gifts are thoughtful, homemade gifts.  One year for Valentine’s Day I gave Mr. C 12 sealed envelopes – 1 for each month containing a specific and detailed date for that month.  The dates ranged in price.  One month was the ballet under the stars (free) and another month was a day trip in Sedona which took a bit more planning and money.  He loved the gift and I loved that each month we had a fun planned date.  For our anniversary, I decided to expand on this gift a bit and brainstormed some ideas of places we had been wanting to go around Phoenix and added some fun free dates. 


I categorized my ideas into 4 different categories: home, out $, out $$, and planning + $$$.






I wrote each idea on a popsicle stick and color coded it in washi tape.  I put all the sticks in a glass jar, applied a rub-on heart on the lid, and finished it off with a bit of ribbon and a tag.


Every few weeks (theoretically) we pick a category and grab out a corresponding stick.  It’s one of my favorite gifts and perfect for your sweetie on Valentine’s Day.





No comments:

Post a Comment