Thursday, December 19, 2013

Chocolate Chow Mein Clusters


Happy December!  I feel like I blinked and the last month flew by!  The week before thanksgiving I was able to experience food poisoning which ended up being E. coli.  I never understood why all these people ended up hospitalized during E. coli outbreaks but now I totally do.  It’s not fun and I hope it’s my one and only experience.  Then just as life was starting to return to normal I got hit with a cold that turned into a sinus infection.  First one in 2 years, it must have decided it would kick me when I was down.  I’m was back to normal  just in time for all the holiday festivities, but then life got a bit crazy for awhile so I'm finally checking in.  I've been working hard on some Christmas gifts and counting down the days until Mr. C’s responsibilities die down so we can watch some cheesy Christmas movies in front of the fireplace (yes, we totally use our fireplace in AZ).

I was going to give you a healthy recipe today because with the hustle and bustle of the holiday season it’s the time of year that we tend to eat out more or munch on all those holiday goodies.  I was going to give you a healthy recipe, but I have an easy dessert item that you can add to your holiday baking and I decided that won out over a soup with lots of veggies.  Chocolate always beats veggies, right?

This is about the easiest thing ever.  I have no idea where I got the recipe: I say it’s from my mom but my mom calls it mine, so clearly one of us is confused (I think it’s her….)





Chocolate Chow Mein Clusters
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. butterscotch chips
1 c. hard chow mein noodles
1 c. salted peanuts
(if you haven’t noticed, it’s equal parts of everything, so it’s super easy to adjust as needed)

Line a baking pan with parchment paper or waxed paper.

Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in the microwave in 30-45 second intervals, stirring well between each interval.  Once melted, add in chow mein noodles and peanuts and mix until well coated in chocolately goodness.

Drop by tablepoonfulls onto lined baking pan and put in refrigerator to set.  Once clusters are set, remove from pan, but it’s best to keep them refrigerated.

That’s it, easy peasy!

I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season.  I can't believe it's less than one week away!

No comments:

Post a Comment