Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Addictive Pumpkin Cookies

I’d like to apologize in advance for sharing this recipe with you.  These cookies are easy to make and they are amazing.  You may be wondering why I’m apologizing then.  When I say these cookies are “amazing”, I mean that they’re so good that it’s actually impossible to eat just one.  Or two…  They are sweet, have the consistency of cake, taste like fall, and are ridiculously addictive.  So, I’m sorry.  But if you’re like me you can bake up a bunch and find someone (or a lot of someone’s) to share them with so you don’t eat them all yourself. 


Mr. C likes to laugh at me because I tell him that I “fix” recipes.  It’s almost a daily occurrence in our house.  It’s not that they weren’t good to begin with, but I like to put my own spin on things when possible, add some extra flavor and I call this “fixing” it.  That’s just what happened with these delicious cookies.  I made the recipe as directed and then tried again, adjusting some things until I was satisfied.  And then I fell in love with them.  I hope you enjoy!

Addictive Pumpkin Cookies
Adapted from : Better Homes and Gardens
*yields about 50-60 cookies if you make them a realistic-sized and not the crazy “bite-sized” that just makes you eat twice as many

Cookie Ingredients
2 c. butter, softened (I throw mine in the microwave for 20 seconds or so to soften it up)
2. c. sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cloves
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 c. fresh pumpkin or a 15 oz can (I really suggest fresh though)
4 c. flour




Beat butter in electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.  Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and mix until blended.  Add in eggs and vanilla and mix.  Beat in flour 1 c. at a time, stirring in between. 




Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Drop dough by heaping tablespoons on a cookie sheet.  Bake 10-12 minutes; tops will be set when done.  Transfer to wire rack and cool.

Frosting Ingredients
½ c. butter
¾ c. brown sugar, packed
¼ c. milk
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
3 ½ c. powdered sugar
Cinnamon for sprinkling on top



In small saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar until melted and smooth.  Transfer to a bowl and stir in milk and vanilla.  Beat in powdered sugar for several minutes.  Mixture will thicken but will be the consistency of a thin frosting.  

Spread frosting on cooled cookies and sprinkle with cinnamon. 




Enjoy the cookies and remember that you were warned...


No comments:

Post a Comment