Sunday, March 18, 2018

Changes...

I started this little blog of mine in 2010 to share a funny story.  I’ve had lulls and times I was super committed, and now I have just over 200 posts within the 8 years I’ve called myself a blogger.  When I started blogging, I didn’t have a particular destination in mind.  Initially I wanted to share some funny stories, and then I started sharing a bit more of our lives, and eventually found myself sharing some really personal aspects of my life.  When my grandpa died I found myself writing a post that was read at his memorial.  I shared my struggles with depression.  I wrote about the state of my heart as tears fell the day before I sent Adeline to daycare.  I’ve shared projects and recipes and trips on here.  This blog has become so much to me.  It’s my place to try new things, share my unsolicited opinion, and be vulnerable.  I’m so thankful for this place and for my readers.  In the Centner of It All was a name my sweet husband came up with and it’s a name I’ll always hold close to my heart. 

Over the past couple months, I’ve been feeling a nudge to get my own site, change the blog name, and see where this change takes me.  I’ve been thinking a lot about why I started blogging in the first place and what my ongoing goals are.  I plan to continue to share recipes, stories about real motherhood and marriage, while also adding in more posts covering décor, faith, and various things that are positively impacting my life.  I’m so excited to be taking this next step.


Thank you for being a part of our lives.  I hope you’ll join me over on my new blog, The Modern Cactus.  I’ll be sharing on social media as well and I’d love it if you followed me on Instagram @themoderncactus or on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment